Wed, 8 November 2017
Many people do not understand anxiety, even anxiety sufferers do not understand anxiety. In this episode, Gina discusses this issue and how to bring the topic up with friends and family.
Seven action steps you can take when telling people about your anxiety:
1) Don't be afraid to tell people
2) Be clear that you are not seeking help from people
3) Don't be too serious about it
4) Let them know you realize it will be hard for them to understand
5) Reassure them that the anxiety does not mean you are fragile and must be excluded from activities
6) Be open to questions
7) Let them know nobody would choose to live this way and that you do not want to live with anxiety
To learn more go to: What is anxiety?
Direct download: 350.2_Friends_and_Family_How_to_Talk_about_Anxiety.mp3
Category:anxiety -- posted at: 4:00pm EDT